Attention: Face masks now mandated in schools.
Please read below for further details.
Updated PASD Health and Safety Plan 2021-2022 School Year
August 31, 2021
Today, PA Secretary of Health Alison V. Beam issued orders to prevent and control the spread of disease directing that each teacher, child/student, staff, or visitor working, attending, or visiting a School Entity shall wear a face covering indoors, regardless of vaccination status, except under specific instructions. This order shall take effect at 12:01 a.m. on September 7, 2021 and shall remain in effect until otherwise terminated.
School entities are obligated to require and enforce the requirements that all teachers, children/students, staff, and visitors wear a face covering indoors, regardless of whether this order is reflected in a school entity’s Health and Safety Plan.
As such, the district’s tiered approach for face mask procedures is suspended as of 11:59 p.m. on Sept 6th, 2021. The orders are available for your review.
The school district has received numerous questions from students, parents, and staff about a positive test result for COVID-19 and/or contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
On May 10th, 2021, the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) updated COVID-19 Patient Instructions for Self-Isolation while awaiting Laboratory Results. On July 30th, 2021, the PADOH released additional updated guidance for Testing, Isolation, and Quarantine by vaccination status. This official document is available on the school district’s home page.
In an effort to explain these health alerts to the public, we are providing an updated FAQ (9-17-2021)of the procedure students, staff, and the school district will follow in the event someone either has the virus or has been exposed to the virus.
We have also developed a timeline in graphic form to visually represent the periods required for isolation/quarantine if someone tests positive for COVID-19 or has been deemed a close contact.
Thank you for your support during these difficult times. Stay safe and healthy.
Eric A Zelanko, Superintendent
Portage Area School District
PA DOH Latest Updates
Superintendent Weekly Updates
Would you like to receive the Superintendents Weekly Updates? You can request to be added to the mailing list by clicking the link below.
Advance Child Tax Credit
P-EBT distribution inquiries:
- All parent or guardian inquiries should be directed to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) Customer Service Line (484-363-2137); or the web form available at https://forms.juvare.com/forms/eb604f74-e01c-463e-82ea-04c416a5c9c5. PDE does not have access to P-EBT information and cannot provide assistance or guidance.
- The first issuance of P-EBT benefits for the 2020-21 school year was completed at the end of July 2021, except for students that were newly eligible based on the second data submission for the 2020-21 school year - cards will be mailed to newly eligible students at the end of August/early September.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to visit the DHS P-EBT website: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/coronavirus/Pages/P-EBT-Questions.aspx/. The DHS P-EBT website offers contact information, important dates, answers to frequently asked questions, etc.
- NOTE: inquires must be submitted via the Inquiry Form or Resource Line. Inquiries are responded to in the order in which they are received. Parents or guardians should not submit duplicate inquiries as it will delay the resolution process.
- Parents/guardians can check their P-EBT benefit amount online via: http://www.connectebt.com/.
* For the second Youtube account link, go to the Teams schedules under the Athletics page.