Student Assistance Program (SAP)
What is SAP?
The Portage Elementary Assistance Program (SAP) is a systematic approach to the identification and intervention to students who
may be at risk due to academic, social, and/or emotional problems which pose a barrier to learning.
Who can refer students to SAP?
- School Staff
- Other Students
Reason for Referral
- Change in behavior, attitude, and/or academic performance
- Expresses hopelessness, helplessness, worthlessness, and/or confusion
- Develops eating, sleeping, or grooming changes
- Experiencing a personal or family crisis and/or loss
- Withdraws socially from family, friends, and/or teachers
- Suspicion of drug and/or alcohol use.
- Pete Noel - Principal
- Jennifer Pisarski - Assistant Principal
- Laura Glass - Nurse
- Derick Comperatore- Social Worker
- Lisa Civis - Teacher
- Jude Decort - Teacher
- Tammy Rodgers- Teacher
- Jude Decort- Teacher
- Ray Peterman - SAP Liason
Confidentiality is a vital key to this SAP process and shall be respected and maintained between all parties involved. This is for the best interest of the student with all State and Federal laws protecting the privacy rights of parents and students.
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Mrs. Jennifer Pisarski at 814-736-9636 ext. 1211.